“Tim’s workshop taught me more than years of self-study and practise. Highly recommended.” – Richard Lindesay, Comedian, UK
Beginners or professionals can all enjoy and learn from the course.
It’s simple but very effective! Learn how to:
- How to create comic characters and stories
- Secrets to writing funny dialogue & comic situations
- Develop your comedy concepts and pitch documents
- Write comedy scripts that sell
Who is the comedy teacher?
Tim Ferguson One of Australia’s most successful international comedians and screenwriting teachers, Tim has taught comedy screenwriting at New York University & AFTRS.
Many writers struggle with comedy. It can seem an unknowable art. But as Tim says, “Comedy is a craft. It can be learnt and mastered!“
Gain the tools to get started on your next great comedy idea.
You’ll be writing great comedy before you know it!
Screenwriting comedy testimonials
‘If you’re an aspiring comedy writer, go to one of Tim’s classes. The Rosie Project owes a lot to his teaching.’
– Graeme Simsion, author of The Rosie Project
“Fun, practical and inspiring. I’ll never see comedy the same way again!”
– Jeffery E Doherty, author
‘There are Master Classes and Master Classes. Then there is Tim Ferguson’s PhD in Comedy Class. It was just a wonderful five star experience from start to finish – and yes, it is ‘ha-ha’ hilarious.’
– Dr. Patrick Maher, Past Chairman of the WA Writers Guild
‘This course is revolutionary – a whole new way to look at comedy.’
– Leisl Egan, Producer
‘Can’t recommend Tim’s courses enough. I learned so much, and had so much fun, I was keen to do it a second time!’
– Scott Anderson (Screenwriter)
‘Savvy insights, passionate delivery and an ability to turn even non-believers into skilled comedy writers. Absolutely worth every cent.’
– Susannah Petty, Winner of LA Screenwriting Expo Screenplay Award
‘It’s like having a doctor explain how to make people laugh. Tim’s insights are essential if you’re serious about comedy.’
– Steve Mitchell, Screenwriter of The Heckler movie